Today I want to share some simple but often neglected “Must Dos” when you decide to complete a training session.
1. Warm up specifically – obvious but amazingly not carried out in particular with resistance training. Whether you are going to be doing cardio or resistance or a mixture it is important to warm up specifically. So if you are going to run, then do a light run. If you are going to do the rower then row for a few minutes. If you are going to do weights then do the specific exercises at 50% of the expected high intensity weight.
2. Stay Hydrated – forget your sports drinks and energy drinks just drink water. And make sure to drink water before, during and after the training session. The other drinks create false temporary spikes in energy not to mention your insulin levels (trigger to fat storage!) If you don’t remain hydrated then your performance will be effected. Remember we are at a minimum 70% water.
3. Keep workouts short but intense – don’t fall into the trap of the low intensity fat burning zones that are splattered all over the cardio machines and on posters on the wall. Use your common sense or as I like to call it “uncommon sense” – the harder you work the more effective it will be. ANd even if you are superman you will not be able to work hard and long. So focus on short duration high intensity for maximum results.
4. Step it Up – Our bodies are amazing machines with incredible recovery so make sure to step it up each and every session. Once you have stimulated the body through the exercise and fed it good recovery foods you will physically be capable of increasing your workload each and every session.
5. Focus Focus Focus – last but not least. If your mind is not focused on the job at hand you will quit (or definitely decrease workload) when the going gets tough during the session. What is driving you to complete the training session? What is the carrot at the end of a few weeks? Keep your mind on the prize. It is there for the taking.
Implement these 5 tips and your results will be much improved. Keep mindful of these 5 tips before every training session.
If you’d like to get more of these, healthy and delicious recipes, plus a workout programme that helped hundreds to lose weight fast, join our Home Workout System.
Check the Free Version of this for an overview.